The Children’s Service sees children up to the age of 17. All children are seen by doctors, who are trained and specialise in complementary medicine, offering an integrated approach to treatment for a wide variety of illnesses, including:
- Recurrent infections, like tonsillitis, ear infection (otitis), bronchitis and herpes
- Allergic disorders, such as hay fever, asthma and multiple food intolerance
- Bowel disorders, such as gastro-oesophageal reflux, constipation, abdominal migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease
- Feeding difficulties
- Rheumatic conditions, including juvenile arthritis
- Skin diseases: acne, eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, vitiligo, molluscum and warts, etc.
- Pain syndromes
- Anxiety and stress management
- Sleep problems
- Functional developmental and learning problems
- Behavioural concerns and disorders including hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
The service also provides complementary cancer care for children, using complementary treatments appropriately and safely to treat symptoms associated with childhood cancers or with treatments for cancer.